THE NAME OF OUR PROJECT: „EUROSYMBOLS TOWARDS 2020”
PARTICIPANTS: Seven schools from seven EU countries
The project coordinator is the school from Romania + 6 partners
Duration: 2 years
Nurturing of personal development.
Getting acquainted with new ways and methods of teaching.
Making pupils aware of the importance of lifelong learning. Developing awareness of the diversity of cultures and languages.
Encouraging students to learn other languages.
Development of democratic thinking.
EUROSYMBOLS – PROJECT SIGNIFICANCE
Symbols represent series of insignia that characterize a particular country. The task of each country is to present its own symbols to all other countries.
PARTICIPATED COUNTRIES AND THEIR SYMBOLS:
1. SPAIN – MUSIC, TRADITION IN OUR LIVES, SPORT AND CHILDREN’S GAMES.
2. TURKEY – HANDMADE TOYS, MISCELLANEOUS HANDLING, TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCE.
3. CROATIA – DRINKS, GEOGRAPHICAL CHARACTERISTICS (RIVERS, MOUNTAINS, ISLANDS, THE SEA, LAKES, WATERFALLS…) AND ENDAGERED ANIMAL SPECIES.
4. ITALY – IMPORTANT PEOPLE FROM THE PAST AND THE PRESENT, IMPORTANT DATES, HISTORY AND EDUCATION.
5. ROMANIA – FOOD, INDICATION OF NATIONAL AND TRADITIONAL DAYS
6. POLAND – HISTORICAL AND TOURIST SYMBOLS, MYTHS AND LEGENDS
7. HUNGARY – TRADITIONAL AND MODERN DANCES
Each country has its own task:
ASSIGNMENTS OF A PARTICULAR COUNTRY:
1. TURKEY – Creating a communication eTwinning portal.
2. ITALY – Creating a music podium when presenting a project.
3. CROATIA – Creating an official web site where all participated countires will be able to quickly and transparently keep track of all events during the project.
4. SPAIN – Making a 2017./2018. calendar and a project leaflet.
5. ROMANIA –The Europe Day organisation; The project coordinator; Elections for the most beautiful logo and motto. 6. HUNGARY – Creating brochures, leaflets and other promotial materials
7. POLAND – Collecting photographs, sorting and creating a DVD.
Each country makes the project logo and motto and the best ones will be chosen!
The best logo and motto will be chosen in Romania!
The final product is the book called EUROSYMBOLS SOURCEBOOK.
Therefore, each country works on its symbols and on the comparison to others.